Sunday, April 8, 2012

I Invite Peoples/Woohoo for the Event

Pre-Event Report:

I like to invite people to things.

I did it for two years on my mission for the LDS Church, inviting people to come to church and read the Book of Mormon. I used to invite girls to go on dates with me. And now I've invited people to the "Digital Citizens Unite!" Event.

How did I do it?

First, I wrote a blog post explaining the event to people and invited them to come. I posted the link on facebook and google+. It got 16 reads so somebody might show up or check out the live streaming because of that.


I live in the Talmage building. I am a math major. I am a member of IDeA Labs, a research lab in the Computer Science department. So I know a lot of people over there and I invited some of them to come. I invited my friend who used to be a music composition major but switched to CS because she was worried about the job options upon graduating (an issue addressed in the Arts chapter). I also invited my Nepali friend who's a CS major. I invited my Advisor, who collaborates with Dr. Zappala a lot; so he might come.

I have been getting feedback from my music civ teacher from last semester, Dr. Luke Howard, for the Arts chapter. I invited him.

I also made announcements in my Math 352 and Econ 588 classes, explaining the event and inviting people to come. Several people took flyers. One of them asked if Dr. Burton was the teacher and when I said "yes" he said he would come.

I invited my family back in Boston to tune into the web cast. And my wife will probably come.

So yeah... I invite peoples.

Event Report:

My wife came to the event. Two members of my research lab, IDeA Labs, came as well. My brother and sister in-law also tuned in through ustream.

I participated in the event in several ways. I played my viola during "The Arts" presentation. I recruited my friend from my Econ 588 class to play the string bass during the presentation.

I was also the "ORC" (Overly Reluctant Contributor) in the eBook group's presentation. I feel like I did a good job because when I sat down with my wife she was pretty embarrassed.

Woohoo, for the event!


No comments:

Post a Comment