Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What do I know about the historical period and the digital concept assigned to me?

What do I know about control?

Well, I am a math major with a computer science minor.  I have taken several control classes.  This is a little different than control as a digital concept but the idea is related.  Given some system with inputs and outputs, a controller can be built to manipulate the outputs by affecting the inputs.  For example, consider the printing press, possibly one of the most powerful tools in history.  It changed society, classes, learning, etc.  The Catholic Church tried to control this phenomenon by instituting the Index Librorum Prohibitorum, a list of prohibited books.

What do I know about the 17th Century?

I took Music 201 last semester and we covered up through the Baroque Period.  I know that the Renaissance was coming to a close and that the Baroque period took over during the 17th Century.  The most influential and important book in the English language is published, the King James Bible.  The pilgrims landed at Plymouth in 1620.  Great authors and scientists were producing great works including John Donne, Cervantes, Descartes, Galileo, Hobbes, and Locke.

And that's about all I know so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment